Estes Park and RMNP are OPEN!
First and foremost – we appreciate your business. This is an extremely difficult time, but it’s a challenge that we can weather. When we opened in 2013 we never would have guessed that we’d see a flood and global pandemic in our first ten years. We also never would have guessed that our location – set right at the entrance to one of the most beautiful National Parks in our country – would serve as a perfect getaway for travelers weary of tight spaces! Here’s a few things to know about The Maxwell Inn, RMNP, Estes Park and Covid19.
Changes @ The Maxwell Inn – We’ve made a handful of changes. Some were required, others are just good common sense.
- Our Motel – Ok, fine this isn’t a “change” per se, but more informational than anything else. Experts agree that confined spaces and shared stagnant air are leading causes of the spread of the Coronavirus. With that in mind, a Motel, with doors that open outside, and not into a shared hallway, is the PERFECT type of lodging establishment if you’re concerned with any sort of contagion. Each of our rooms has at least one window as well as a doorway that open directly to the outdoors. The room HVAC systems are individual, there are no shared air ducts.
- Breakfast – We have been forced to slightly limit our breakfast options, however we’re working hard to keep a nice selection of individually wrapped items to start your day off right.
- Housekeeping – County regulations prohibit our housekeepers from entering a room during your stay. They are able to clean after the stay is over, but we are not allowed to offer daily housekeeping services. Hung up towels will dry quickly, and if there is excessive trash you can bring it to the lobby and we will dispose of it. We’ve adjusted the products that we use to ensure your room is both clean and sterilized before you check in. Your health and safety are important to us.
- Hot Tub – Our hot tub is open and available. Please inquire with the front desk and we’re happy to accommodate a soak after a long day on the trails!
Changes @ Rocky Mountain National Park
- RMNP is currently OPEN, however they have begun instituting a timed entry system to limit visitation overcrowding. Please visit the National Park website to set up a reservation time and for answers to specific questions: Timed Entry for Rocky Mountain National Park
- There are a handful of OPEN National Forest Land hikes available for use, and we’re happy to discuss them with you.